Be part of the energy of HighLight – volunteer and join the team
Help us bring NZ’s Best Community Event to life. At the heart of all the fun, gain experience at a large scale event, support your community and meet some wonderful people. Our volunteers help event goers have a great experience and make lasting positive memories.
Our volunteers help out in many ways, they:
- are a source of general event information
- help with directions
- manage crowds
- oversee installations or activities
- help performers
- welcome visitors and hand out maps
- are the eyes and ears of the organisers
- help our Charity Partner to collect donations
- monitor car parks
- help maintain a safe and fun environment.
As a volunteer, you’ll receive:
- a HighLight t-shirt, yours to keep
- any attire and equipment required to carry out your duties (ie. hi-vis vest)
- a light meal and snacks for during your shift
- an exclusive invite to the post-HighLight event
- the opportunity to be involved in Lower Hutt’s largest event, and gain experience at a large scale event
- the fun feel good factor of helping our community have enjoyable and memorable experiences.
We’re well aware that we couldn’t run such an event without the support from volunteers, which is why this year we’ll have prizes up for grabs as our way of saying thanks for giving up your time. Each night there will be volunteer spot prizes drawn including movie tickets, Everyone’s Adventures vouchers, food, beverage, accommodation prizes and more.