Rangatahi Projection Competition
Hutt City Council, in partnership with Streamliner Productions are proud to present the HighLight 2019 -Rangatahi Projection Competition. If you’re aged between 13-21 years old with an interest in art, technology or just learning new skills then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
You will receive practical support, equipment and the software required to turn your art creation into a digital projection masterpiece with accompanying soundscape.
The finished projection art installation will feature at the HighLight: Carnival of Lights 2019 attended by over 100,000 people.
- Entries are open from 8 July – 12 August 2019.
- To enter you need to develop a storyboard and complete the application form.
- Competition is open to individuals or groups, all aged between 13-21 years old who reside in the Wellington region (Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt, Wellington, Porirua, Kapiti and the Wairarapa).
- Entries must fit with our charity partner theme by demonstrating how healthy respect among family members is displayed in New Zealand
- Entries and completed installations must be appropriate for all ages.
- Completed projection installations must be between 1-3 minutes long.
- Projection installations, including soundscape, must be completed by Friday 4 October 2019.
- Winner will keep a video diary of their learning and creative journey.
How to apply
- Ensure you/your group meet the competition criteria and understand the terms and conditions (see the competition details document).
- Create a storyboard that will provide the HighLight team with a visual guide to what your projection installation and accompanying soundscape ‘story’ will be.
- Submit the storyboard along with the completed application form and any other supporting information by 5pm on Monday 12 August to email@example.com
Application form and competition details
For any enquiries relating to the competition process please contact:
Carla Steed, Event Director Hutt City Council
(04) 570 6666